The Internet has made it easier for you to bank, shop, communicate and gather information. Unfortunately, it has also created opportunities for criminals to gain access to your personal and financial information.
Because many of our clients rely on the Internet for banking and financial transactions, security is a top priority for SunTrust. Using advanced online security measures, such as encryption, firewalls and virus protection, SunTrust protects your account information with a virtual fortress.
Still, it’s important to make sure that your Internet connection is secure, and that the keys to your account—such as your passwords and personal identification numbers—don’t fall into the wrong hands.
- Protect your computer with anti-virus software and update it regularly
- Never share your passwords or PINs with anyone
- Memorize your passwords and PINs instead of writing them down
- Avoid obvious passwords or PINs, such as your zip code or year of birth, and never use personal information, such as your Social Security number
- Change your password on a regular basis
Finally, make sure your Internet browsing session is secure. You can tell your data is being protected when you see a URL that begins with “https.” You should also see a padlock or key graphic, either locked or unlocked.
To learn more about SunTrust online security call 800.786.8787.