It’s not uncommon to occasionally get caught short of money in your consumer deposit account. When that happens, it’s helpful to have a backup plan to avoid bouncing a check or getting stranded at the ATM. SunTrust offers two services to make sure funds are available when you need them.
It allows SunTrust to decide whether to pay ATM and everyday debit card transactions when your available balance is not sufficient to cover the transaction.
- Enrollment in this service is optional and can be done through Online Banking.
- You may be charged up to $36 for each overdrawn item. SunTrust limits the number of fees you can incur per day to 6 Overdraft Item fees and 6 Returned Item fees.
- SunTrust pays overdrafts at its discretion, which means we can’t guarantee that we will always cover every transaction.
Sign up for one of our overdraft protection services and we’ll link your consumer deposit accounts to your other SunTrust deposit, credit card, or line of credit accounts and transfer the necessary funds to cover any shortfalls.
Select Overdraft Protection and, as long as you have sufficient funds in your linked account, you'll pay a $12.50 transfer fee for each day a transfer is required. Funds are moved automatically from another SunTrust deposit account, credit card, home equity line of credit or other line of credit on the day the overdraft occurs.1
Or, select Overdraft AssuranceSM, a line of credit designed to cover any of your personal checking accounts. For a low monthly fee of $7 assessed to your designated checking account, money is automatically transferred from your Overdraft Assurance line of credit into your linked checking account to avoid going into overdraft.
- There is no overdraft transfer fee.2
- If the funds are repaid back to your Overdraft Assurance account before the 4th calendar day, no interest is charged.
You can add one or both services to your consumer deposit accounts. Let a SunTrust banking representative explain the benefits of these services and help you determine what’s right for you by calling 800.SUNTRUST or by visiting your local SunTrust branch.