SunTrust makes it easier to do business globally, whether you're purchasing supplies from overseas vendors or selling goods to buyers abroad.
We offer a full range of international trade services that help you finance exports, expedite cross-border payments and minimize the risks of doing business overseas. Our global trade specialists have helped hundreds of companies navigate global markets, and can offer practical, expert advice to fit your company’s unique needs.
- Import letters of credit: Minimize the risks of buying from an overseas supplier with an import letter of credit from SunTrust. We’ll ensure that your supplier meets the terms you agreed to and has shipped the goods you ordered before making any payment on your behalf.
- Export letters of credit: Enjoy peace of mind when you send goods to overseas customers with an export letter of credit from SunTrust. Once you’ve shipped your goods and complied with the terms in the letter of credit, you’ll have assurance that you will be paid in full.
- Standby letters of credit: If an overseas supplier needs proof of your creditworthiness, we can supply a standby letter of credit on your behalf.
- Other importing solutions: As a cost-effective alternative to a letter of credit, SunTrust can help you arrange documentary collections and banker’s acceptances, which gives suppliers a guarantee of payment—without tying up your line of credit.
- Online Trade Services: SunTrust’s online service allows you to download trade documents from your desktop and initiate recurring letters of credit.
To speak with a trade services specialist, call 404.813.1030.