SBA 504, 504 SBA loans, Loan Options

SBA 504

If you want to take a major step forward with your business, SBA 504 loans can help. You get very competitive rates, including long term fixed rate on the SBA portion, a long term for payment and a simple application process.* It’s easy to apply for SBA financing at SunTrust, where SBA loan experts can guide you through the process. You can get a SBA 504 loan for projects such as:

  • Buying owner-occupied commercial real estate
  • Construction of a new facility
  • Renovation of an existing facility

To talk with a specialist about SBA 504 loans call 877.370.5108.

Enjoy extended terms

With a SBA 504 loan, you get:

  • Loans appropriate for buying owner-occupied commercial real estate, construction of a new facility or renovation of an existing facility
  • Financing up to $5 million Terms up to 20 years

Fulfill your long-term goals

With a SBA 504 loan, you can:

  • Secure your financing needs for long-term goals
  • Get a loan that require less equity relative to conventional business loans
  • Lock in low rates for the long haul with fixed-rate financing
SBA 504 Loans
What You Get
Maximum Loan Amount

Projects considered up to and potentially exceeding $10 million

Maximum Amortization

Up to 25 years

Maximum Interest Rate

Bank portion is subject to SunTrust pricing. SBA 2nd lien portion is determined at the time of the debenture sale.

Owner Equity/Liquidity

Minimum of 10%


Generally the assets being financed are used as collateral. Personal assets may be required if the assets being financed do not adequately secure the loan.


Businesses up to $15mm in net worth and $5million in net income are eligible.

Any and all owners who own 20% or more of the business, are required to unconditionally guarantee. However, anyone with a controlling interest or key role in the business may be required to guarantee.

Start up businesses requires an additional 5% equity injection. Special-purpose real estate requires an additional 5% equity injection. If both apply, these injections would be cumulative resulting in 10% additional equity.

* Credit subject to normal criteria.

Contact Us

To reach a SunTrust representative:

Investment and Insurance Products:

  • Are Not FDIC or any other Government Agency Insured
  • Are Not Bank Guaranteed
  • May Lose Value

© 2015 SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Equal Housing SunTrust Bank is an Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC.

Equal Housing Equal Housing Lender. SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.

SunTrust, SunTrust Mortgage, SunTrust Mobile Banking, SunTrust PortfolioView, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, SunTrust Premier Program, AMC Fund Select, AMC Pinnacle, AMC Premier, Access 3, Signature Advantage Brokerage, Custom Choice Loan and Sure Pay are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. SunTrust SummitView are service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Services provided by the following affiliates of SunTrust Banks, Inc.: Banking and trust products, including investment advisory products and services, are provided by SunTrust Bank, member FDIC; securities, insurance (including annuities), and other investment products and services are provided by SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.; investment advisory products and services are offered by SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.; mortgage products and services are provided by SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.

SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. - NMLS #2915, 901 Semmes Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224, toll free 1-800-634-7928 CA: licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, IL: Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB-989, Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 100 W. Randolph, Suite 900, Chicago, Illinois 60601, (312) 793-1490, MA: Mortgage Lender license #-ML-2915, NH: licensed by the New Hampshire Banking Department, NJ: Mortgage Banker License - New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, and RI: Rhode Island Licensed Lender.

"SunTrust Advisors" may be officers and/or associated persons of the following affiliates of SunTrust Banks, Inc.: SunTrust Bank, our commercial bank, which provides banking, trust and asset management services; SunTrust Investment Services, Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser and broker-dealer, which is a member of FINRA and SIPC, and a licensed insurance agency, and which provides securities, annuities and life insurance products, and other investment services.

SunTrust Private Wealth Management, International Wealth Management, Business Owner Specialty Group, Sports and Entertainment Group, and Legal and Medical Specialty Groups are marketing names used by SunTrust Banks, Inc. and SunTrust Investment Services, Inc.

SunTrust Robinson Humphrey is the trade name for the corporate and investment banking services of SunTrust Banks, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., member FINRA and SIPC.