Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
Missing mortgage payments can happen to any of us, but you can get back on track. If you are delinquent on your payments or have hit hard financial times, you may qualify for a modification to your existing mortgage through the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP). The government-sponsored HAMP program is designed to prevent foreclosures by making payments more affordable for homeowners who are struggling financially.
You may qualify for the HAMP program at SunTrust Mortgage if:
- You are unable to make your existing mortgage payments due to financial hardship
- You can demonstrate that you can make modified payments
- You are a SunTrust Mortgage holder whose mortgage is owned or guaranteed by Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae
- You intend to keep your home
Benefits of the HAMP program:
- It may help you modify the terms of your mortgage such as interest rate, years allowed for repayment or monthly payment amount
- It might help you stay in your home during times of significant financial hardship
Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP) 6th Year Incentive:
- If you have been notified in advance that this 6th anniversary incentive is approaching you may have some questions. For your benefit, we have addressed the most frequently asked questions about the program.
If you are a SunTrust Mortgage client and would like more information on your eligibility for HAMP, please contact our loan counselors at 855-223-4680, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET, and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. ET, to learn how we can help you.