Balance alerts Show
You can use Online Banking to set up email or text alerts so you know what’s going on with your accounts.
Daily Balance Alerts
notify you of your available balance each morning.
Low Balance Alerts
let you know when your account has fallen below your specified amount.
High Balance Alerts
tell you when your account rises above your specified amount.
Account Overdrawn Alerts
are sent daily when your account has Non-Sufficient Funds.
Setting up alerts is easy in Online Banking; simply go to Alerts within My Settings. (Please note: We also offer Security Alerts that are generated when important profile information is updated for additional peace of mind during your Online Banking experience.)
Check register Show
Some people like to use a check register to have an up-to-date record of their account activity. Be sure to immediately subtract your Debit Card purchases or Electronic Debits/Electronic Checks (ACH), factor in ATM withdrawals or transfers and write down the checks you've written.
- 1. Date
- 2. Transaction
- 3. Check Number
- 4. Payment amount
- 5. Deposit amount
- 6. Balance
- Write down when your transaction happens
- Jot down a description of the transaction to remind yourself
- (If applicable)
- Record how much you spend
- Record how much you deposit
- Calculate your balance
ATMs are a quick, convenient way to access your money, check account balances and make transfers throughout our network of over 2,000 machines. Most SunTrust ATMs have Deposit Image technology, which allows you to deposit cash or checks without an envelope, and generates a snapshot image of your deposited checks. You can deposit up to 40 currency bills and 10 checks at a time. These ATMs also feature an extended deposit cut-off time of 9pm ET/8pm CT. Learn more about when you can expect your deposits to be reflected in your account here.)
Overdraft Protection and Overdraft Coverage Show
This service helps you avoid overdrafts by linking your checking account to another SunTrust account and automatically transferring funds to cover any overdrafts that may occur. Accounts that can be linked for Overdraft Protection include SunTrust deposit accounts, credit cards, Access 3 lines of credit, personal or executive lines of credit, and Overdraft AssuranceSM lines of credit.
- Overdraft Protection automatically transfers funds from your linked SunTrust deposit account, credit card, Access 3 line of credit or other line of credit on the day the overdraft occurs. 1
- You'll pay a single $12.50 transfer fee2 as long as you have sufficient funds in your linked deposit account or enough available credit on your credit card or other lines of credit.
- Note: If your Overdraft Protection account is a savings or money market account, transfers will count towards the maximum number of 6 withdrawals and transfers per month per Regulation D and bank requirements. Visit www.suntrust.com/disclosures to review the Deposit Account Disclosures for additional information.
- There is no charge to add Overdraft Protection to your accounts.
We also offer Overdraft Assurance, a special line of credit designed to cover overdrafts only.
- You receive a $500 - $5,000 line of credit based upon your credit qualifications.
- There is a low monthly fee of $7 assessed to your designated checking account to maintain this line of credit. 3
- There is no overdraft transfer fee. 3
- If the funds are repaid back to your Overdraft Assurance account before the 4th calendar day, no interest is charged.
To learn more about Overdraft Protection and all of our Overdraft Services, call 800.485.7279 or visit your local SunTrust branch. A SunTrust banking representative can explain the benefits and help you determine if it's right for you.
1 Overdraft Protection Service is not available for all SunTrust products or product service areas. The $12.50 transfer fee for the deposit accounts, Access 3, consumer credit card and the personal or executive line of credit are charged to the protected checking, savings or money market account. All advances are subject to funds availability. See your SunTrust representative for details.
2 The $12.50 overdraft transfer fee does not apply to Overdraft Assurance line of credit.
3 A $7 monthly fee will be assessed to your designated checking account in order to maintain access to the Overdraft Assurance line of credit. If funds are not repaid back to the Overdraft Assurance account before the 4th calendar day after the date advances are posted to your credit line, interest will begin to accrue. APRs are fixed and standard APRs could range from 13% to 16% APR. Exclusions and limitations apply. Overdraft Assurance is subject to credit approval, and if approved, transfers will be made up to your available credit limit.
It allows SunTrust to pay ATM and everyday debit card transactions when your available balance is not sufficient to cover the transaction.
- Enrollment in this service is optional and can be done through Online Banking.
- You may be charged up to $36 for each overdrawn item. However, if you deposit or transfer enough funds to bring your balance positive by cut-off that day, you will not incur any fees.
- SunTrust pays overdrafts at its discretion, which means we can't guarantee that we will always cover every transaction.
So, if you buy something with your Debit Card without enough money in your checking account, will your purchase be approved or declined? Here’s the breakdown:Coverage Scenario Approved?*Overdraft Coverage*If you have it YesIf you don’t NoOverdraft ProtectionIf you have it and your linked account has funds available to cover the purchase YesIf you have it and your linked account does not have funds available to cover the purchase NoOverdraft Coverage + Overdraft Protection*If you have Overdraft Coverage and your Overdraft Protection can’t cover the purchase Yes
*SunTrust makes decisions about whether to pay/authorize items based on the risk associated with the account, the client and the transaction. We do not provide Overdraft Coverage on all items.
Customer service and automated assistance Show
You can call 1.800.SUNTRUST to easily manage your accounts. Transfer funds, place a stop payment on a check, get your balance, review your last 20 transactions, search for a specific check — and talk to one of our customer service representatives, who will be happy to help you.
Branch visits Show
Feeling like you need to talk to someone in person? Just stop by one of our 1,400+ retail branches for assistance. (Find a branch near you.) We can help with everything from mortgages to portfolio management to retirement planning or saving for college.
Planning tools Show
We have articles, tools, tips and videos to help with money management and financial well-being. Discover how we can help.