As a client of SunTrust, you can rest assured that we are committed to protecting the confidentiality of your personal financial information. At SunTrust, privacy is one of our top priorities.
But keep in mind that you also play a key role in the protection of your financial information. The most effective privacy protection is the precautions you take to guard against the disclosure and unauthorized use of your account and personal information.
- Never provide personal information (including Social Security numbers or account and credit card information) over the phone unless you have initiated the call and know with whom you are speaking
- Safeguard checks, account statements and ATM, credit and debit cards
- Report any lost or stolen items immediately
- Memorize personal identification numbers (PINs) and avoid writing PINs, Social Security numbers or credit card account numbers where they can be easily found—including personal checks
- Destroy any pre-approved credit offers that you don’t intend to use
- Review your credit report regularly to confirm that all information is accurate—view a free copy of your credit report at AnnualCreditReport.com or call 877.322.8228.
To learn more about financial information protection call 800.382.3232.