Janey Cope specializes in residential mortgage needs for licensed medical physicians, residents, interns and fellows, which include MDs (Medical Doctors) DOs (Doctors of Osteopathy). The program is also available for those with DMD/DDS (Doctors of Dental Medicine-Dental Surgeons, Orthodontists and General Dentists). See below for additional information.
Not a doctor or dentist? Janey is happy to assist all borrowers, whether you are in search of a VA loan, conventional financing or seek to use one of our Jumbo loan options. She has built her business through client referrals and referrals from other trusting sources such as financial planners, Realtors® and builders by providing the highest level of service to each of her clients. We focus on treating each client as if he or she were our only client. As a result of this service-oriented approach, Janey is the recipient of the Gold Performance Excellence Award which is given to the top 10% of SunTrust Mortgage loan officers.
Advantages For Practicing Physicians and Doctors:
- Fixed or adjustable-rate options
- Up to 100% financing and no monthly mortgage insurance payments
- Favorable repayment terms provide flexibility to meet your financial reality
For Licensed Residents/Interns/Fellows in MD and DO programs, we offer:
- Maximum of 100% financing for purchases and rate/term refinances
- There is a maximum loan amount of $750,000
For Practicing Physicians and Doctors (MD, DO, DDS, DMD), we offer:
- 100% financing for loans up to $750,000
- 95% financing for loans up to $1 Million
- 89.99% financing for loans up to $1.5 Million
- Please note: Practicing Physicians and Doctors with over ten years post training experience are limited to maximum 89.99% financing. These Doctors need to be members of SunTrust Private Wealth Management or belong to a practice that is part of SunTrust Private Wealth Management to be eligible for this product. Subsequent time spent as a teaching attending or in a fellowship program does not count in this ten year period.
What you'll need to consider:
- Loans are available in select states (AL, AR, DE, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV, DC and select counties in PA)
- State law may put further restrictions on maximum loan-to-value ratio
- Adjustable-rate mortgages have interest rates that may increase during the life of the loan
- 100% mortgage financing will result in no property equity until the borrower pays down the loan principal through regular mortgage payments and/or the property value appreciates
- A down payment may be required if the property is located in a declining market
If you have questions about the Dr. loan or any other loan program, please feel free to email Janey so she can send you more information about the selected loan program. She can also be reached via text or cell phone: 828-450-0046. Janey's goal is to understand your unique circumstances in order to help determine the best mortgage option and to develop a relationship that lasts a lifetime. We look forward to hearing from you!