Welcome to SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks®
In today's challenging financial climate, businesses are seeking efficiencies through automation and integration. SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, combined with QuickBooks® accounting software, will enable you to seamlessly integrate your SunTrust account information, pay bills, and quickly and easily download transactions. This solution saves you valuable time by avoiding double entry of transactions and account information. SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks allows you to spend less time managing your accounts and more time growing your business.
SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks connects your QuickBooks financial software with your SunTrust accounts.
SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks is easy to set up, and when you're using QuickBooks business accounting software, you will benefit from the seamless integration. Manage your banking and accounting needs more efficiently and your business more effectively with SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks.
If you have questions about the SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks service, please contact a SunTrust representative at 877.370.5108
Why use SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks?
With SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, you can manage your accounts directly from QuickBooks.
SunTrust offers a complete suite of web-based services, such as SunTrust Online Cash Manager and Online Treasury Manager, designed to meet your online banking needs. Please contact a SunTrust representative to determine which online product best meets your business requirements. Please refer to the Direct Connect for QuickBooks Service Agreement for additional information about your use of this service.
Intuit, QuickBooks and Quicken are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc.
Before you can begin using SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, your accounts must be set up by SunTrust for Direct Connect access. This process typically takes between seven to ten business days.
Once your accounts are set up, your authorized officer will be sent a welcome letter with a nine-digit Customer ID, a copy of the Service Agreement, and PIN mailer (under separate cover). When you have your PIN mailer and nine-digit Customer ID, you are ready to set up new accounts in QuickBooks or link your existing accounts to SunTrust Direct Connect.
Choose the Support tab to see examples of these materials.
When you are ready to begin, refer to tabs labeled Adding Accounts, Download Items, Match Items, Account Transfers, and Bill Pay for instructions.
If you have questions about how to enroll in the SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks service, please contact a SunTrust representative at 877.370.5108.
If you have questions about how to use SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, please contact a SunTrust representative at 800.382.3232.
SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks provides a rolling 90 days of retention history that begins accruing after your first download through the Direct Connect service. Demand Deposit Accounts (checking, savings and money market accounts) will display the current month’s and previous month’s history after your first download. Credit card account history will begin building from the day of your first download.
Note: To add your new accounts to SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, the account must first be set up in the QuickBooks Chart of Accounts as a Bank Account. This can be done by clicking the Chart of Accounts icon and selecting Account, New. Click the account type "Bank", then Continue. Enter the Account Name, Account Number and SunTrust Routing Number "061000104". Once the account is set up, you can link your account to SunTrust as follows:
1. Under the Banking main menu, select Online Banking, then choose Online Banking Center. The Set Up Account for Online Services page will be displayed.
2. From the Select your QuickBooks account drop-down menu, select your account.
3. Click the Next button. The Setup Account for Online Services page will display.
4. Select SunTrust Bank from the Enter the name of your Financial Institution drop-down menu.
5. Click the Next button to start the online connection to SunTrust.
6. Click the Direct Connect radio button, then click Next.
7. Select the I have my special QuickBooks SunTrust Password button, then click Next.
8. Enter your nine digit Customer ID. Enter the password you received in your PIN mailer twice, then click the Sign In button. Important note: If you are setting up this service for the first time, you should change your password. If you are already using this service and you are adding new accounts, you should click the Cancel button.
9. From the Set Up Account for Online Services for SunTrust Account page, enter the Account Type, Account Number and Routing Number, then click Next.
10. Select the SunTrust Bank account(s) you want to connect.
You will see the Direct Connect Setup Complete Screen. Click on Activate Online Bill Payments and click Finish
Once your bank accounts are set up, you are ready to download transactions.
1. Under the Banking main menu, select Online Banking, then choose Online Banking Center.
2. Click the Receive Transactions button.
4. You will be prompted to enter your PIN. After you click the OK button, you will see a Finishing Online Session message.
5. The Online Transmission Summary page will display with summary information about the transactions you have downloaded.
5. Click the Close button.
Once you have download transactions, you are ready to match downloaded transactions (reconcile transactions against the Chart of Accounts) and update your account register with the most recent account information from SunTrust. In the Match Downloaded Transactions dialog box you can add transactions that have not yet been added to your account register.
With SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, you can transfer funds on a next day basis between your SunTrust accounts if they are set up for online banking access. You cannot transfer funds between online accounts at financial institutions other than SunTrust.
The saved account transfer will appear under Items to Send in the Online Banking Center.
With SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, you can pay bills online and schedule bill payments for future settlement.
1. From the main menu, click the Enter Bills icon. The Enter Bill screen will display.
2. Select an existing vendor from the Vendor drop-down list. You can also enter a new vendor name by clicking Add New. Note: When adding a new vendor you must enter the company name, address, phone and bill pay account number.
3. Enter the bill pay Amount Due.
4. Confirm the date in the Bill Due field.
5. Click the Save & Close button, or to enter another bill payment, click Save & New button.
6. To enter payments, click the Pay Bills icon in the main menu. The Select Bills to be Paid page appears.
7. Enter a check mark by the Bill Pay item.
8. Select Online Payment from the Method drop-down menu.
9. Select the debit account from the Account drop-down menu.
10. Click the Pay Selected Bills button when you are finished. The Payment Summary page will display.
11. Click Done. The bill pay item will appear under Items to Send in the Online Banking Center.
Support and Resources
Account Types, History and Cut-Off Times
Direct Connect provides you the ability to download transactions for the following SunTrust account types: Demand Deposit, Savings, Money Market, Consumer Credit Card, Business Credit Card, Line of Credit, and Access 3.
Account transfers are available between SunTrust Demand Deposit accounts only, including Savings and Money Market.
The Bill Pay feature is available for use from Demand Deposit accounts only.
Direct Connect History - SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks provides a rolling 90 days of retention history that begins accruing after your first download through the Direct Connect service. Demand Deposit Accounts (checking, savings and money market accounts) will display the current month’s and previous month’s history after your first download. Credit card account history will begin building from the day of your first download.
Bill payments and account transfers are limited by the account balance or availability of the accounts.
The cut-off time for account transfer and Bill Payment initiation is 4:00 p.m. ET.
If you have questions about SunTrust Direct Connect for QuickBooks, please contact a SunTrust representative at 800.382.3232.
Investment and Insurance Products:
Are Not FDIC or any other Government Agency Insured Are Not Bank Guaranteed May Lose Value
© 2018 SunTrust Banks, Inc
SunTrust Bank is an Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC
Equal Housing Lender. SunTrust Mortgage, Inc
SunTrust, SunTrust Mortgage, SunTrust PortfolioView, SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, SunTrust Premier Program, AMC Pinnacle, AMC Premier, Access 3, Signature Advantage Brokerage, Custom Choice Loan and SunTrust SummitView are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Services provided by the following affiliates of SunTrust Banks, Inc.: Banking products and services are provided by SunTrust Bank, Member FDIC. Trust and investment management services are provided by SunTrust Bank, SunTrust Delaware Trust Company and SunTrust Banks Trust Company (Cayman) Limited. Securities, brokerage accounts and insurance (including annuities) are offered by SunTrust Investment Services, Inc., a SEC registered broker-dealer, member FINRA, SIPC, and a licensed insurance agency. Investment advisory services are offered by SunTrust Advisory Services, Inc., a SEC registered adviser. GFO Advisory Services, LLC is a SEC registered investment adviser that provides investment advisory services to a group of private investment funds and other non-investment advisory services to affiliates. Mortgage products and services are provided by SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.
SunTrust Mortgage, Inc. - NMLS #2915, 901 Semmes Avenue, Richmond, VA 23224, 1-800-634-7928. CA: licensed by the Department of Business Oversight under the California Residential Mortgage Lending Act, IL: Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee #MB-989, Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 100 W. Randolph, Suite 900, Chicago, IL 60601, 1-888-473-4858, MA: Mortgage Lender license #-ML-2915, NJ: Mortgage Banker License - New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, NY: Licensed Mortgage Banker—NYS Department of Financial Services, and RI: Rhode Island Licensed Lender.
"SunTrust Advisors" may be officers and/or associated persons of the following affiliates of SunTrust Banks, Inc.: SunTrust Bank, our commercial bank, which provides banking, trust and asset management services; SunTrust Investment Services, Inc., a registered broker-dealer, which is a member of FINRA and SIPC, and a licensed insurance agency, and which provides securities, annuities and life insurance products; SunTrust Advisory Services, Inc., a SEC registered investment adviser which provides Investment Advisory services.
SunTrust Private Wealth Management, International Wealth Management, Business Owner Specialty Group, Sports and Entertainment Group, and Legal and Medical Specialty Groups and GenSpring are marketing names used by SunTrust Bank, SunTrust Banks Trust Company (Cayman) Limited, SunTrust Delaware Trust Company, SunTrust Investment Services, Inc., and SunTrust Advisory Services, Inc.
SunTrust Bank and its affiliates do not accept fiduciary responsibility for all banking and investment account types offered. Please consult with your SunTrust representative to determine whether SunTrust and its affiliates have agreed to accept fiduciary responsibility for your account(s) and if you have completed the documentation necessary to establish a fiduciary relationship with SunTrust Bank or an affiliate. Additional information regarding account types and important disclosures may be found at www.suntrust.com/investmentinfo.
SunTrust Robinson Humphrey is the trade name for the corporate and investment banking services of SunTrust Banks, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including SunTrust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., member FINRA and SIPC.