SunTrust Bank Home SunTrust Bank Home

Start, grow or bolster your small business.

As a small business owner, you play a vital role in our nation’s economy, and you provide jobs for the vast majority of U.S. workers. So it’s important that entrepreneurs like you get the necessary financing. That’s why SunTrust partners with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) —to offer you the financial support that conventional loans can’t.

SBA loan programs are backed by the federal government and provide a more flexible loan structure, more time to repay and lower down payments. There are several SBA business loan options available.

Compare Your SBA Export Financing Options

 Export
SBA 504 Loan
Export
SBA 7(a) Loan
SBA Express Loan
or Line of Credit
Description Great for long-term needs like, buying commercial real estate, starting your business and constructing or renovating facilities. Less equity required vs. a conventional business loan. The SBA's primary loan program offers growing businesses long-term financing for a wide range of needs, from real estate to working capital. Lines of credit not permitted. Lower borrowing maximums make for less paperwork and a faster application turnaround. Lower down payments vs. a conventional business loan.
Eligibility Businesses up to $15 million in net worth and $5 million in net income are eligible. For-profit businesses that meet the SBA's size and industry guidelines*, and if you follow the Personal Guarantee of Principal Owners.
Maximum
Loan Amount
Projects considered up to and potentially exceeding $10 million $5 million $250,000
Maximum Term Up to 25 years 5-7 years for working capital; up to 25 years for real estate; 10 years for all other loans (i.e., fixed assets and equipment) 10 years
Maximum
SBA Guaranty
Bank portion subject to SunTrust pricing. SBA 2nd lien portion determined at the time of debenture sale. 75-85% 50%
SBA Guaranty
Fees
None SBA charges a fee to guarantee the loan None
Owner
Equity/Liquidity
Minimum of 10%   Minimum of 10%
Collateral The SBA doesn't require a specific level of collateral. Generally the assets being financed are used as collateral. Personal assets may be required if the assets being financed do not adequately secure the loan. Even if you've already committed your available business and personal assets, you may still qualify for SBA financing.
Interest Rates Competitive fixed Plus, no balloons Competitive variable or fixed
Contact Number 877.370.5108 800.786.8787 877.370.5108

When you work with an experienced SBA loan specialist at SunTrust you can move through the process quickly and easily.1

If you’re interested in learning more about SBA 504 loans, SBA 7a loans or SBA Express loans and lines of credit, call the corresponding number in the chart above to talk with a SunTrust SBA loan specialist.

If you’re thinking about expanding globally, learn about our SBA Export Loans.

DISCLAIMERS

 Approved to offer SBA loan products under SBA's Preferred Lender program.

 * Industry guidelines are stated as maximums that qualify: Any and all owners who own 20% or more of the business are required to unconditionally guarantee. However, anyone with a controlling interest or key role in the business may be required to guarantee.

 1 Subject to normal criteria. Important Note: In all cases, SBA policy requirements supersede SunTrust's credit quality requirements.

Start up businesses require an additional 5% equity injection. Special-purpose real estate requires an additional 5% equity injection. If both apply, these injections would be cumulative resulting in 10% additional equity.   

Small Business Resource Center