Dream big, rest easy
Successful financial estate planning1 requires a lot of imagination. You have to envision a range of scenarios to make sure you are prepared for the day your estate must work on your behalf. At the same time, you want to concentrate on living well today. The good news is the right insurance coverage lets you imagine greater goals for your estate. You can enjoy your retirement while knowing you will provide for the people you leave behind.
The road to preservation
A new $5 million applicable exclusion amount (AEA) is now in place for 2011 and 2012 and optionally retroactive for 2010 as well. The top transfer tax rate is reduced to 35% due to the new tax law. These increased AEA’s and reduced rates pertain only through year end 2012.
Life insurance2, when structured properly, can provide for the liquidity needed to bear the tax liability of an estate, while also helping to reduce the size of the estate in the interim.
Insurance solutions from SunTrust Investment Services, Inc. can help you meet a range of other financial estate planning goals:
- Preserve your retirement savings
- Provide ongoing financial support to protect your family’s standard of living
- Fund a charitable organization or cause that is important to you
- Help a family member save for education or meet other financial goals
- Pay your debts and taxes, including estate taxes
- Equalize the inheritance you leave for two or more people you care about
- Cover healthcare costs for you or your family members
A SunTrust advisor can help you determine your best option from various insurance strategies, such as disability income insurance, long-term care insurance, term life insurance and permanent life insurance. Our advisors can also work with you and your attorney to develop an effective estate tax plan.