Provide valuable retirement solutions to help recruit, retain and reward employees.
SunTrust offers retirement plan solutions that can be tailored to suit your company’s size, needs and business objectives. Whether you’re looking for workplace retirement plan design, 401(k) administration, defined-benefit advisory services or supplemental retirement strategies for executives, we can help you identify and implement a retirement plan solution that makes sense.
Defined contribution plans
Our workplace retirement plans include transparent fee structures, administrative support, distribution services and guidance from retirement plan specialists. Along with providing tax-deferred retirement savings for your employees, our plans offer online access, tools and educational resources.
- Institutional 401(k): Designed for mid-sized to large companies, these plans streamline 401(k) administration, deliver fiduciary support to minimize risks, and engage employees to take actions that can help improve retirement outcomes.
- SunTrust Online 401k: Created for small businesses with fewer than 100 employees, these plans provide easy and affordable access to a broad selection of funds.
- Advisor-supported 401(k): For those who prefer to work with an advisor, SunTrust Investment Services, Inc. provides plans that are a convenient way to execute your workplace retirement goals.
Defined benefit plans
If your organization needs help establishing a pension plan or managing an existing one, we offer tailored investment solutions, regulatory expertise and a full range of bundled and unbundled services, including trust and custody, investment advisory, reporting and distribution.
In addition, we provide SunTrust BenePay™ for plan sponsors to view plan and participant level information, including payment and tax histories of defined benefit contributions.1
Should you choose to do so, we can also help you bring your defined benefit and defined contribution plans onto a single administrative platform.
We understand the needs of highly compensated employees, and can work with you to provide a non-qualified plan that will be valuable in recruiting and rewarding key employees.
Among the benefits of our non-qualified plans are:
- No contribution limits and greater flexibility than 401(k)s
- Employer- or employee-funded--or a combination of both
- Tax-deferred, typically until participant retires
- Salary reduction, salary continuation and death benefit-only plans
Institutional 401(k) Plan Sponsor Access
To provide you with accurate and timely recordkeeping, SunTrust offers technology solutions to allow your employees and provider contributions to be invested quickly and correctly. We provide plan sponsors online access to view plan and employees information, upload new payroll data, or gain access to helpful reports.
Gain real-time access to retirement plan and employee data through our online services:
- Employee Website Demo - See where employees go online to access educational content, review their account, transfer funds and change future contributions.
- Plan Service Center Demo - Select the PlanSponsor tab to see firsthand how our Plan Service Center works.
Institutional 401(k) plan employees can access these online services:
- Retirement Toolbox - Our award-winning, one-stop online resource for retirement planning needs and education.
- PlanLink® - Our intuitive employee website with inquiry and transaction capabilities.
- PlanLink® Demo - See firsthand the employee experience.